Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My sleepless and lonely nights.

Lying straight on the bed, i look up at the darkness filled ceiling.
Strands of silver moonlight from the window breaks the black silence of the room.
The lazy cold breeze blowing inside the room chants Aerosmith.


''I dont wanna close my eyes, i dont wanna fall asleep. Cz i'd miss you, babe and i dont wanna miss a thing''.

I put my hands behind my head remembering the song, remembering you in it.
I lay numb, still awake.
With the song still on my mind, flashes of memory strikes me.

The days i spent with you were the most beautiful days of my life.
Those cozy nights always had something special in them which made me felt complete.
Those long walks on the deserted streets were always exciting.
Those warm cuddles were always relaxing.
Those late night chats were always sweet.

But now,
When you are no more, i just lay numb and realise that those nights were special only because they had you in them.
Your serene voice still echoes in my ears.
Your pretty face still fills my eyes.
But i cnt find you anywhere.
You're gone.
Away from this world, away from me.

You have already resided in your grave, sleeping peacefully but i hav'nt slept for years.
Every night i just lay numb,
I think of you, i think of us.
And this is how i spend my sleepless and lonely nights.



© Abhinav Agarwal

No comments:

Post a Comment