Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Dream That I Saw Last Night

On a dusky silent night I entered into a desolated campus.
Wrecked building, inoperative labs, conked basketball courts, hanging electric wires and faulty switches filled up the campus.

Holding a red rose in my hand I walked through the corridors searching for someone.
Again and again I yelled out a name but I got no response.

Agitated and tired I sat on a bench.
Several thoughts ran into my mind but I paid attention to none.
I just wanted to find to find you anyhow.

A once I started running.
Screaming and shouting your name I ran in the corridor.
I searched for you in the class rooms, labs and store.
I went crazy, I went insane but couldn’t find you.

Gasping but still running I once again called out your name.
And, to my surprise this time a voice prompted,
“You can never find her. You can never get her. You commited a mistake and you lost her. Lost her forever”.

I broke down on my knees crying and yearning your name.
I came up to meet you. I wanted to say a sorry.
I wanted to find you to tell you that I love you and I need you.
I wanted you back.

But, I ended up finding you nowhere.
The things I wanted to say got buried with me.
The rose in my hand withered and so did I.


© Abhinav Agarwal

No comments:

Post a Comment